PRODUCTS USED: Movidor ES40 High Speed Roll Door
Colorpak is an Australian based company offering product packaging solutions and specialises in pharmaceutical packaging, cardboard boxes and point of sale displays. Australian folding carton industry leader Colorpak announced in August 2015 of an underlying full year profit of $3.372m (Net Profit After Tax), slightly ahead of expectations ($3m at 30 June 2015).
At Colorpak’s site in Dandenong, Melbourne, the team were looking for a two high speed interior doors to create a controlled access point to a new production room. The production area required access for staff pulling manual pallet jack’s. Pallet Jacks are the most basic form of forklift and are intended to move heavy or light pallets within a warehouse.
The Colorpak team were referred to Remax by an internal Colorpak employee when they were looking at improving the efficiency of their Dandenong plant.
With stringent budget constraints driving a very focused project agenda, the Colorpak team were keen to find an automatic door that provided functional durability at an affordable price.
The new Movidor E-series doors were an easy choice due to its simple design, self-relocating curtain, and exceptional value for money. With an established long-term relationship with Remax, the justification case for the new ES40 Rapid Roll Doors was relatively straight-forward.
Movidor ES40 Rapid Roll Doors are backed by Remax’s extensive network of service support centres with an excellent installation and service reputation anywhere in Australia. It ticked all the boxes for what the site needed both during and post installation and was within their tight budget.
Download the Colorpak Case Study as a PDF below. The PDF can be easily printed, saved and kept for future reference. Click the link below.
The Movidor ES40 Rapid Roll Door provides a smart, minimalist design with high clarity large viewing panel and space saving design. The door curtain is made up of colored or clear segments, joined by anodised aluminium wind battens, an in event of damage to the curtain, each segment is individually replaceable. Download the Movidor ES40 Brochure for more information.
Saving time in day to day operations was critical to Colorpak who are Australasia's stand out packaging partner and with the fast operation of 0.7m/sec for the standard curtain and optional 2.0m/sec variation, there is no time lost spent waiting on doors to open.
The clear panel in the Movidor ES40 Rapid Door also allows for safer manoeuvrability for both pallet jack’s and pedestrians throughout the day and the curtain is an effective barrier and separation against possible contamination from dust, pests and airborne nuances.
Staff at Colorpak quickly adapted to the easy access provided by the new Movidor ES40 rapid roll doors, and are impressed by their quiet operation. The generous viewing panels in the door allow excellent visibility in and out of the new production area, lifting safety of operations through these busy doorways.
Key requirements were:
- Separate production area from staff area
- Functional durability
- Maintain temperature and minimise airconditioning loss between controlled and non-controlled areas.
- Allow natural light transmittance between areas.
- Affordable price
- Minimal maintenance and repair if impacted
- Reliable and prompt service
The material and design of the Movidor ES40 Rapid Roll Door has a number of benefits:
- Economical - On average, a 25% saving in comparison to other high speed doors.
- Translucent vision panels - Allows light transmittal.
- Minimalist Design - attractive aesthetics and space saving design.
- Segmented Curtain - Horizontal sections of PVC coated polyester fabric connected by anodised aluminium battens.
- Minimal Maintenance - Easy, low cost repair if damaged.
- Excellent Seal - Tight seal when closed ensures energy savings and superior contamination control.
- Relocating Curtain - A self-relocating curtain ensures that in event that the curtain is knocked out of the guides, the relocator will reinsert the curtain automatically.
- Safety - Soft bottom edge in safety yellow
SCOPE OF WORKS
1. Design Consultancy and Planning
2. Made to measure manufacturing of Movidor ES40 High Speed Roll Door
3. Bespoke fabrication of customised steelwork
4. Delivery and Installation
New Rapid Roll Door installation provides effective segregation from the production area.
Minimalist design allows for easy repairs and effective seal to floor and clear vision panel provides extra safety for staff as well as natural light.
Soft bottom edge in safety yellow.
Movidor ES40 High Speed Roll Doors installed with custom steelwork frame
For more information on Remax Rapid Door Products, click here.
Contact the Remax Team for more information by calling us on 1800 010 221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You May Also Be Interested In:
Movidor High Speed Rapid Door and Integrated LED Traffic Lights installed at Orlando Wines in the Barossa Valley for Pernod Ricard. Read More...