Products Used: Compact Sectional Door
Remax were awarded the contract to supply Compact Sectional Doors for a car dealership in Tweed Heads, NSW, working alongside the nominated construction company.
Early 2017, saw the opening of the new car showroom and servicing workshop which opened for business providing a full range of sales and services for new and current clients. The design and build team had the advantage of including state-of-the-art functionality and features within the car showroom as well as clean, functional aesthetics to create an exclusive sales experience for future car owners.
Client: Car Showroom
Location: Tweed Heads, NSW
SCOPE OF WORKS
Consultancy and Planning
Made to Measure Components
Delivery and Installation
The car showroom is a purpose built centre, incorporating sales, parts and service departments. The management team at the car showroom were after two bespoke, insulated, full vision, glass Compact Sectional Doors which could be subtly incorporated into their showroom design, with all the 'working parts' hidden from view as customers would be visiting the site often.
The glass car showroom Compact Sectional Doors would also be expected to assist in maintaining the efficient, but yet aesthetic, flow of the showroom, with added benefits of being recessed into the ceiling when in the open position.
As the redeveloped site is striving to eliminate energy loss, it was important to source access doors to assist in maintaining indoor temperatures and reduce energy loss costs. Read more about temperature control and the importance of 'Maintaining Temperature in Automotive Workshops' in our blog.
The car showroom required two bespoke Compact Sectional Doors, both measuring a large 5050mm wide x 4000mm high, full vision, glass, glazed 4mm safety glass, door panels with aluminium on the trims, recessed into the ceiling. The range of access on site included providing access to vehicle repair and servicing bays, storage facility, direct dialogue bays, access for vehicle parts delivery and new car delivery area.
Compact Sectional Doors were chosen for the redeveloped car showroom for the following reasons:
- As a more efficient, space saving and favourable option to the standard and cumbersome folding glass door or overhead sectional door.
- Traditional overhead sectional doors require wall space and ceiling space to allow the door panels to run up and under the ceiling. The tracks are often supported by unsightly bracing and ceiling supports. And, the lifting shaft and springs are all exposed, adding to an unsightly look in an otherwise clean, modern environment. The Compact Sectional Doors have none of that. By contrast, they’re neat, free of any exposed springs, and compact! Their small footprint and compact design meant that the entire existing electrical and lighting infrastructure in the new facility remained undisturbed. The Compact Sectional Door leaves fold together above the entrance while opening, and saves not only space but is also very easy to operate and are maintenance friendly.
- Being able to recess the door panels into the ceiling was a major benefit for a client-facing site which requires large doors for access reasons. And while the doors are fully closed, the door reveals no ugly overhead beams.
- As a smart, full vision exit / entry point for new vehicles, receivables and of new and second-hand vehicles; as well as vehicles coming into the facility for servicing.
- The Glass, fully glazed vision panelling of the Compact Sectional Doors allow plenty of natural light into the new facility from floor to ceiling, as well as enabling easy access for vehicles as well as helping to maintain indoor heating / cooling for the comfort of employees and clients.
- Compact Sectional Doors offer not only a great look for your facility, but also convenience and usability for a range of vehicles and equipment.
- The insulated panels of the car servicing and repair bay doors also contribute to maintaining indoor temperatures by reducing energy loss through standard roller shutters. Temperature control is also very important for workshop personnel as discussed in our blog article here > Temperature control in Automotive Workshops.
Not only is the Compact Sectional Door favoured by Architects due its versatility in appearance and aesthetics, but it is also favoured by many builders due to its versatility on site when it comes to ease of installation as it does not require a large, wasted, overhead space allowance which is normally specified for standard overhead doors. This wasted space created by standard overhead sectional doors cannot be utilised for any other purpose.
With the Compact Sectional Door, the roof space can be fully utilised without impacting the door both in open and closed state and also means that the compact door can be neatly recessed into the ceiling, when in a closed position, for a better showroom design.
Another example of how the Compact Sectional Door panels fold up neatly into a tidy section above the door and sectional overhead door panels recessed into the ceiling below. These photos were taken after the installation of Compact Sectional Doors at a luxury car showroom in Melbourne.
The Compact Sectional Doors from the undercover corridor show the car servicing area and the natural light flowing into the area. Glazed, glass, full vision Compact Sectional Doors were installed throughout the redeveloped state-of-the-art car showroom facility.
You May Also Be Interested in:
The Warrnambool Mazda dealership has built a state-of-the-art showroom, service department and second-storey offices to rival slick metropolitan dealerships. Costing several million dollars, it will triple capacity and have display space for more than 100 vehicles and servicing capacity for 40 cars a day. Read More...
Just an hour from Melbourne’s busy CBD, Kilmore Toyota have vast experience and insight into new Toyota car sales and repairs for both city and country drivers alike. February 2016 saw the opening of the new state of the art Kilmore Toyota car showroom and workshop which opened for business following the build of a brand new facility providing a full range of services for new and current clients. Read More...
Wagga Motors is Riverina's largest car sales yard offering 13 brands. Four glazed glass Compact Sectional doors were installed in the new dealership showroom for VW and Holden, built by Jaques & Co.Read More...