GV Health is the main referral health service for the Hume region and their services include a 24-hour Emergency Department, Surgery, Medical Services, Women’s and Children’s Services, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care, Mental Health, Outpatients, services at Tatura and Rushworth, and community-based health programs.
Remax Products were contacted regarding the doors required for three of their theatre upgrades in Shepparton to replace PVC Swing Doors which were not suitable for either laser block out requirements nor to maintain positive pressure. The old PVC Swing doors had to be upgraded to appropriate hospital theatre swing doors and sliding doors catering for the needs and hygiene of the site.
Client: GV Health
Location: Shepparton, VIC
SCOPE OF WORKS
Consultancy and Planning
Made to Measure Components
Delivery and Installation
Medical / Hospitals
Coldshield 4500 series Hospital Theatre medical swingdoor and sliding doors maintain the critical positive air pressure in the GV Health operating theatres and help the hospital to meet the scrutiny of their external health and safety requirements with their unique ‘clean design’, aluminium and stainless steel hardware, and non-painted, non-corrosive finishes.
The 4500 Sliding theatre doors save a huge amount of space in the GV Health site as they do not impose on valuable and busy corridor space where a medical swingdoor would otherwise take up too much space when open. Automated sliding doors can be operated either via the sensors above the doors which will sense on-coming traffic or via a push button, depending on the requirements of the staff.
GV Health chose to install a combination of swing and sliding hospital doors in their theatre upgrade which consisted of:
- Five Coldshield 4500 series Hospital Theatre Sliding Doors
- Five Coldshield 4500 series Hospital Theatre Single Swing Doors
- Six pairs Coldshield 4500 series Hospital Theatre Double Swing Doors
Here are some key points and features of the Coldshield Swing doors and Sliding door installation at GV Health:
- Supply and installation to Hospital Theatres
- Swing Doors installed into Anesthetic Entry and Scrub Entry
- Push button activation for Sliding Doors
- Safety sensor above Hospital Sliding Doors
- Frosted windows for inpatient privacy
- One piece rotational molded ultra grey polyethylene door panel
- Double glazed polycarbonate windows
- Full anodised aluminium frames
- Self-lubricated low-maintenance swing door mechanisms
- 900H flat swing door buffers to protect against impact
- Removal of existing PVC swingdoors
- All swing doors required single sided hold open magnets to allow staff to move through swingdoors without holding them open - also required for fire safety
- Double glazed vision panel with block-out honeycomb blind for theatre door privacy and laser blind block out.
Engineered to last! The REMAX range of Traffic doors have been designed and engineered for use in harsh and heavy duty applications, where standard door systems fail. The unique ‘clean design’, aluminium and stainless steel hardware, and non-painted finishes make the doors ideally suited to many Healthcare Facility environments such as Hospitals, Theatre Suites, Medical Facility, Private Consultation Rooms, Dentists, Operating Theatres, Pharmaceutical Plants, Laboratories, Laundries, and Kitchens etc.
You Also May Be Interested In:
Warringal Private Hospital enquiry came to us following extensive website search by the hospital for alternate theatre doors to the standard timber doors for their, then, upcoming theatre upgrade.
>> Read More.
Peninsula Private Hospital. On the 1st April 2015 the first purpose-built Hybrid operating theatre on the Mornington Peninsula was opened at Peninsula Private Hospital in Frankston. The $4 million Hybrid OT is part of a $55 million expansion project at Peninsula Private.
>> Read More.