In July 2015, Remax were awarded the contract to manufacture and supply Rapid and Compact Doors for a luxury car dealership in Melbourne, working alongside the nominated construction company.
March 2016 saw the opening of the redeveloped car showroom and servicing workshop which opened for business providing a full range of sales and services for new and current clients. The design and build team had the advantage of including state-of-the-art functionality and features within the redeveloped car showroom as well as clean, functional aesthetics to create an exclusive sales experience for future luxury car owners.
The redeveloped luxury sports car showroom in Melbourne is a purpose built centre, incorporating sales, parts and service including a dedicated motor sport department, financial services, selection boutique (and even a café) boasting one of Australia's largest range of new and pre-owned prestige vehicles.
All under cover - from the main entrance (entering through the large 5m wide HS65 Movidor High Speed Door) the site includes access, from a single undercover driveway, to both the new car showroom on one side, and an on-site dedicated servicing and restoration team on the other, where vehicles are refined by their factory trained specialists. The site also provides an on-site car wash facility accessed by two Movidor High Speed Rapid Doors as well as a large, secure, covered car storage facility where new vehicles arrive fresh from the engineering and detailing team, eagerly awaiting their new owners.
To complement the high calibre of clients and services offered by the car dealership, the design and construction team required bespoke, insulated, full vision, glass car showroom Compact Sectional Doors to assist in maintaining the efficient, but yet aesthetic, flow between the first-class showroom, (where the compact doors are recessed into the ceiling when in the open position) through to the car servicing and detailing area and to the secure storage areas as well easy access to car wash bays.
An example of how the site layout was configured is to look at the journey of a vehicle coming in for servicing and/or upgrade: the vehicle is dropped off with the dealership team who store the vehicle in the secure, covered storage area, it is then driven down the covered corridor to the servicing area where the full service is carried out after which the vehicle is driven through the on-site car wash for a good clean and detail before being driven back through the corridor to the storage area awaiting the owner who has the opportunity of viewing their car in the privacy of the raised platform in the direct dialogue bay.
As the redeveloped site is all under cover, it was also important to source access doors to assist in maintaining indoor temperatures and reduce energy loss. Read more about temperature control and the importance of 'Maintaining Temperature in Automotive Workshops' in our blog.
The car showroom required seven bespoke Compact Sectional Doors, one large 5m wide Movidor HS65 High Speed Rapid Doorand two further Movidor HS35 Rapid Doors for the car wash facility. The range of access on site included providing access to vehicle repair and servicing bays, storage facility, direct dialogue bays, access for vehicle parts delivery, car wash bays and new car delivery area. The Doors comprised of:
- One Movidor HS65 High Speed Rapid exterior to interior Door measuring 2700H x 5000W with high speed motor offering 2.5meters per second for regular day to day access to the site.
- Two Movidor HS35 High Speed Rapid Car Wash Doors
- Seven new car showroom Compact Sectional Doors, full vision, glass, glazed 4mm safety glass, door panels with aluminium on the trims measuring:
- Two x 2700mmH x 3400mmW
- One x 3000mmH x 2900mmW (recessed into ceiling)
- One x 3000mmH x 4800mmW
- Two x 2480mmH x 2865mmW
- One x 2700mmH x 4970mmW
Compact Sectional Doors were chosen for the redeveloped luxury car showroom for the following reasons:
- As a more efficient, space saving and favourable option to the standard and cumbersome folding glass door or overhead sectional door.
- Traditional overhead sectional doors require wall space and ceiling space to allow the door panels to run up and under the ceiling. The tracks are often supported by unsightly bracing and ceiling supports. And, the lifting shaft and springs are all exposed, adding to an unsightly look in an otherwise clean, modern environment. The Compact Sectional Doors have none of that. By contrast, they’re neat, free of any exposed springs, and compact! Their small footprint and compact design meant that the entire existing electrical and lighting infrastructure in the new facility remained undisturbed. The Compact Sectional Door leaves fold together above the entrance while opening, and saves not only space but is also very easy to operate and are maintenance friendly.
- As a smart, full vision exit / entry point for new vehicles, receivables and of new and second-hand vehicles; as well as vehicles coming into the facility for servicing.
- The Glass, fully glazed vision panelling of the Compact Sectional Doors allow plenty of natural light into the new facility from floor to ceiling, as well as enabling easy access for vehicles (and without taking up valuable ceiling space when in the open position, as many other conventional overhead doors require a significant ceiling allowance) as well as helping to maintain indoor heating / cooling for the comfort of employees and clients.
- Compact Sectional Doors offer not only a great look for your facility, but also convenience and usability for a range of vehicles and equipment.
- The insulated panels of the car servicing and repair bay doors also contribute to maintaining indoor temperatures by reducing energy loss through standard roller shutters. Temperature control is also very important for workshop personnel as discussed in our blog article here > Temperature control in Automotive Workshops.
Not only is the Compact Sectional Door favoured by Architects due its versatility in appearance and aesthetics, but it is also favoured by many builders due to its versatility on site when it comes to ease of installation as it does not require a large, wasted, overhead space allowance which is normally specified for standard overhead doors. This wasted space created by standard overhead sectional doors cannot be utilised for any other purpose.
With the Compact Sectional Door, the roof space can be fully utilised without impacting the door both in open and closed state and also means that the compact door can be neatly recessed into the ceiling, when in a closed position, for a better showroom design.
Scope of Works:
1. Consultancy and Planning
2. Made to measure components
3. Delivery and installation of Movidor High Speed Rapid Doors and Compact Sectional Door and custom steelwork for seven Compact Sectional Doors.
Movidor HS65 High Speed Rapid Door installed at the Renovated Showroom:
The Compact Sectional Door panels fold up neatly into a tidy section above the door and sectional overhead door panels recessed into the ceiling below:
The Compact Sectional Doors from the undercover corridor show the car servicing area and the natural light flowing into the area. Glazed, glass, full vision Compact Sectional Doors were installed throughout the redeveloped state-of-the-art car showroom facility.
You May Also Be Interested in:
The Warrnambool Mazda dealership has built a state-of-the-art showroom, service department and second-storey offices to rival slick metropolitan dealerships. Costing several million dollars, it will triple capacity and have display space for more than 100 vehicles and servicing capacity for 40 cars a day. Read More...
Just an hour from Melbourne’s busy CBD, Kilmore Toyota have vast experience and insight into new Toyota car sales and repairs for both city and country drivers alike. February 2016 saw the opening of the new state of the art Kilmore Toyota car showroom and workshop which opened for business following the build of a brand new facility providing a full range of services for new and current clients. Read More...
Wagga Motors is Riverina's largest car sales yard offering 13 brands. Four glazed glass Compact Sectional doors were installed in the new dealership showroom for VW and Holden, built by Jaques & Co.Read More...