Products Used: 4500 Series High Impact Hospital Theatre Swingdoors
Peninsula Private Hospital is a comprehensive 166 bed acute surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside town of Frankston in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs. As a fully accredited health care facility they offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Built in 1999, the hospital is one of the newest and most advanced facilities of its kind. As a member of the Ramsay Health Care Network they enjoy access to a range of resources and expertise throughout Australia.
On the 1st April 2015 the first purpose-built Hybrid operating theatre on the Mornington Peninsula was opened at Peninsula Private Hospital in Frankston.
The $4 million Hybrid OT is part of a $55 million expansion project at Peninsula Private. This new type of operating theatre is equipped with state of the art medical imaging technology, allow cardiac, vascular and advanced surgical teams the flexibility to perform complex minimally-invasive, image-guided endovascular procedures in conjunction with traditional open surgery, all in the one theatre.
Remax worked predominantly with the team at Peninsula Private Hospital where the theatre manager contributed to the input and was very much involved in all aspects of the project.
The enquiry came to us following a meeting with the team at Peninsula Private Hospital for theatre doors for their existing theatres as an alternative to the standard timber doors and the project consisted of the supply and installation of 5 x pairs of 4500 Series High Impact Hospital Theatre Swing Doors which were manufactured to the new Remax Hospital Theatre Door specifications which include:
- Double sided stainless kick plates to protect the finish on the lower part of the door against scuffing and damage from trolleys, foot traffic and other hospital equipment. Scuffing and denting of standard timber hospital theatre doors can lead to areas where bacteria cannot be reached by cleaning equipment and will therefore thrive. Stainless steel kick plates help to maintain a hygienic, smooth surface which can easily be cleaned and will not deteriorate with regular cleaning.
- Double sided stainless steel push plates; again, stainless steel provides a hygienic and easily washable surface. Especially important on the area of the door which are handled the most - i.e. where there is constant contact from those coming in and out. Push plates provide an attractive focal point for entering personnel, and minimizes build-up of grime on the door panels.
- Double sided hold-open magnets to hold the door open when patients are coming through on Hospital beds for example, and also critical in evacuation situations.
- Double glazed windows with integrated honeycomb blinds for complete privacy and when complete blackout is required, in laser theatres for example. The honeycomb blind is embedded within the double glazed window itself, which means that the window can be easily washed down and the blind never gathers dust and other harmful bacteria.
- Stainless steel capping's to all the openings.
- Thermal Value Comparable with 100mm Polystyrene Panel.
- Range of standard colors that will not fade, and maintain attractive appearance in all environments.
- Double glazed window included in door panel as standard.
- Full surround rubber doors seals, forms an impregnable barrier when doors are closed.
- Self-supporting mounting system does not rely on structural integrity of doorway/walls.
- Option to incorporate signage into double glazed windows.
You can read about the developments at Peninsula Private Hospital here.
Remax swingdoors have also been installed at Warringal Private Hospital where we replaced their heavy timber swing doors with Remax 4500 Series Hospital Theatre swingdoors, helping to reduce the endless trouble they had with standard timber doors due to their substantial weight. Read the full story here.
SCOPE OF WORKS
1. Consultancy and Planning
2. Made to measure components
3. Delivery and installation of swingdoors, bumprail and PVC Swingdoors
Double 4500 Series Swingdoor with integrated honeycomb blind.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Albury Wodonga Hospital: Hopsital Theatre Swingdoors with incorporated honeycomb blinds.
Automated Swingdoors at Northern Health: touch-free swingdoors which detect movement and open / close automatically. Ask the team for more information - call us on 1800 010 221.