Products Used: Compact Sectional Door
The Remax Team were contacted by an architect to install four new glass Compact Sectional Insulated doors at Wagga Motors in the new dealership showroom for VW and Holden, being built by Jaques & Co.
Wagga Motors is Riverina's largest car yard offering 13 brands and same day search, find, finance and drive away. The Remax Team were contacted by an architect to install four new glass car showroom doors: Compact Sectional Insulated doors at Wagga Motors in the new dealership showroom for VW and Holden, being built by Jaques & Co.
Wagga Motors required Compact Sectional Doors for the following reasons:
- As a more price effective and favourable option to the standard folding glass door.
- Traditionally, loading dock sectional doors require wall space and ceiling space to allow the door panels to run up ad under the ceiling. The tracks are often supported by unsightly bracing and ceiling supports. Additionally, the lifting shaft and springs are all exposed, adding to an unsightly look in an otherwise clean environment. The Compact Sectional Doors chosen by Wagga Motors have none of that. By contrast, they’re neat, free of any exposed springs, and compact! Their small footprint and compact design meant that the entire existing electrical and lighting infrastructure in the new facility remained undisturbed. The Compact Sectional Door leaves fold together above the entrance while opening and saves not only space but is also very easy to operate and is maintenance friendly.
- As an exit / entry point for vehicles, receivables and of new and second-hand vehicles; as well as vehicles coming into the facility for servicing.
- The Glass panelling of the Compact Sectional Doors allow plenty of natural light into the new facility from floor to ceiling, as well as enabling easy access for vehicles – and without taking up valuable ceiling space when in the open position as many other conventional overhead doors require a significant ceiling allowance.
- Compact Sectional Doors offer not only a great look for your facility but also convenience and usability for a range of vehicles and equipment.
Click here to view the Compact Sectional Door product: Car showroom compact sectional doors.
Not only is the Compact Sectional Door favoured by Architects due its versatility in appearance, but it is also favoured by Builders due to its versatility onsite when it comes to ease of installation and because it does not require the vast increase in overhead space which is normally specified for standard overhead doors which can create a large wasted space overhead. This wasted space cannot be utilised for any other purpose. With the Compact Sectional Door, the roof space can be fully utilised without impacting the door both in open and closed state.
Compact Sectional Doors have also been installed at Geoffrey Thompson Fruit Packing where two new Compact Sectional Insulated doors were installed in the loading docks at the new Orrvale facility, showing the true flexibility of the Compact Sectional Door. Compact Sectional Doors are made bespoke to its environment and entry, in both panel requirements (whether you require full vision panels, thermal panels or a mixture of both - thermal, PVC, double-glazed acrylate/polycarbonate/reinforced safety glass, mesh) as well as the opening size, from your average garage door opening size to a large warehouse requiring access for heavy machinery and vehicles such as aeroplanes, cranes and Fire Engines. Read about the Project installation here.
Also consider a recent installation at Mazda, Warrnambool, VIC.
Scope of Works:
1. Consultancy and Planning
2. Made to measure components
3. Delivery and installation of Compact Sectional Door and custom steelwork.
The client came back to us to say that they are very happy with the Sectional Doors and would consider changing other doors at his facility to the Compact Sectional Door.
Car Showroom Project Images:
Compact Sectional Doors installed at Wagga Motors:
The door leaves fold up neatly into a tidy section above the door:
The Compact Sectional Doors from inside the showroom showing the light which the panels allow into the showroom:
You May Also Be Interested in:
Remax were awarded the contract to manufacture and supply Compact Doors for a luxury car dealership redevelopment project. Working alongside the nominated construction company. The design and build team had the advantage of including state-of-the-art functionality and features.
The Warrnambool Mazda dealership has built a state-of-the-art showroom, service department and second-storey offices to rival slick metropolitan dealerships.
Costing several million dollars, it will triple capacity and have display space for more than 100 vehicles and servicing capacity for 40 cars a day.
Just an hour from Melbourne’s busy CBD, Kilmore Toyota have vast experience and insight into new Toyota car sales and repairs for both city and country drivers alike. February 2016 saw the opening of the new state of the art Kilmore Toyota car showroom and workshop which opened for business following the build of a brand new facility providing a full range of services for new and current clients.