Established in 1933 with a proud history, Wilson Transformer Company is a leading specialist in the delivery of transformer solutions. From their manufacturing base in Australia, they deliver solutions to a wide variety of industries and customers around the world. These include electricity generators, transmission and distribution organisations as well as a variety of heavy and light industrial users. They also cater to the often complex needs of the mining, oil and gas sectors.
Today, Wilson Transformer Company is the largest Australian-owned and based manufacturer of power and distribution transformers, operating two manufacturing facilities in Glen Waverley and Wodonga respectively. WTC also operate offices in New Zealand and the United Kingdom, subsidiaries in the United States of America and Australia, as well as joint ventures in Malaysia and Saudi Arabia.
Remax were contacted with regards to the facility in Wodonga where WTC needed to separate the clean room / sheet processing area (where new high-tech laser and CNC machines were located which require a clean environment) from the general production area and welding bays. The clean room area recently also had a new brake press installed, as part of an upgrade and modernisation programme.
There was no partition or wall separating these two areas prior to the flexwall being installed; it was one big open area which led to potential contamination issues and a temporary wall divider solution such as Remax Flexwall was the perfect solution over a more permanent and costly wall solution as it catered to WTC's future requirements.
Remax Flexwall is a temporary dividing wall, suspended from existing steelwork and tensioned to the floor which in this case means that if, in the future, the requirements for the site change, the Flexwall can be adjusted or removed with ease - unlike a more permanent solution. Flexwall can also be fitted around protrusions such as service pipes and ducting.
The main purpose of the dividing wall in this particular case is to create a clean room zone to prevent airborne contaminants from the welding bays, entering the metal processing shop. Flexwall is a perfect solution not only to deter dust but also in food processing warehouses, for food safety reasons, against rodents and other pests as well as odours and splashing from nearby wet areas.
With Flexwall partitioning, any type of door can be incorporated into the temporary partitioning as required, as well as clear vision windows which can be installed at the same time as the Flexwall install. From the industry leading, ultra-smart Remax Movidor High Speed Doors, Fire Exits, conveyor access through to a simple PVC strip curtain and everything in between, Remax can provide a door solution that incorporates seamlessly with your Flexwall project and the work flow of your facility.
Installed at the same time as the Flexwall, were two clear industrial PVC Stripdoors in 150mm ribbed Duraflex measuring 3200H x 9700W. They were installed for easy access to all areas of the warehouse, with a customised steel frame manufactured and installed by the Remax team.
- Separate fabrication zone from remaining warehouse area.
- Allow natural light transmittance between areas.
- Provide a durable, easy to clean finish.
- Provide detachable temporary, yet durable, warehouse segregation solution.
- Install two stripdoors within the Flexwall for access.
The material used for the Flexwall as a number of benefits:
- Translucent - Allows light transmittal
- Colour Options - Opaque colours available
- Mesh Option - Providing airflow
- Flame Resistant - to AS 2755
- Acoustic - Control noisy environments
- Anti-Static - Suitable for sensitive areas
- Food Safe - HACAP approved
- Insect Proof - To Control pests
- Thermal - Energy efficient
- Anti-Fungal - Ideal for food industry
SCOPE OF WORKS
1. Design Consultancy and Planning
2. Made to measure fabrication of Flexwall partitioning
3. Bespoke fabrication of customised steelwork for access doors within the Flexwall
4. Delivery and Installation
- Supply and installation at Wodonga, NSW
- Installed between the existing Crane Rails
- To suit approx. 9700H x 48500W
- 630 gsm translucent reinforced PVC material
- Fixed to c-section purlin of roof
- Fixed to floor approx every 4m
- Fixed at either end and fixings into I - Beam
- Fixed to steel work above stripdoors
- Three x clear PVC windows 900H x 1800W
- Based on works being completed during normal working hours and within one week
Neat fixing design allows easy cleaning and effective seal to floor:
Stripdoor installation at the same time as the flexwall installation ensures minimal impact on operations:
Flexwall can be fitted around protrusions such as service pipes and ducting (below left):
Clear PVC windows and industrial PVC stripdoors also installed in the Flexwall:
For more information on the other Remax Products used on this project, have a look at: Remax Strip Doors.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Flexwall installation at Linpac Packaging Facility: a new food industry Flexwall installation providing effective segregation from warehouse/delivery area from the production area. See images below and click here to read about the full project >>
Mazda Warrnambool: Compact Sectional Doors installed at Mazda Warrnambool. Thermal door leaves or double glazed glass panels which fold up into a small section above the doorway. Read More...
Thermal Dock Doors at Jeftomson: Thermal Compact Sectional Doors installed as dock doors for Jeftomson as a barrier against outside elements. Door panels available in RAL colours as well as glazed glass. Read More...